Tuesday, April 13, 2010























The move in!
So the final stages of the shed are complete!
It's all pretty self explanatory- New lock on the door, A BEAUTIFUL new work bench for tools, with a sink, (This is an amazing piece of craftsmanship-and an Ikea flat pack (or its like) would not be able to hold that press like it does!) I've already been drilling at the bench and it's wonderful-no vibrations!
So the existing furniture, which was moved back in, includes my carpenter's bench, (where I soldier and do bench work) and the shelves, which hold all my chemicals, tools and materials, close at hand.
Oh! at the other end of the workshop i've got 'clean space', where I can design, sketch and read. The bookshelves are great as I have a lot of really heavy books. I recommend these metal brackets-they are cheap and STURDY.
Thank you Amanda, Hanan and Kelly for the beautiful stereo. It is so great to listen to music while i'm working and it's so neet-o! You guys spoilt me!
As you enter the shed, there are two glass cabinets. This is so i can put finnished work/unsold exhibition pieces somewhere to display. I got these at Ikea, and they also come in a dark brown.
And finally, I've popped my stump onto a wooden block, to heighten it, though this needs further development. I will be doing some light work smithing on here.
Ok, so the shed is finnished, (just about anywho..need some magnets for me steel notice board) and i'll be adding more posts about what i'm working on, whats happening and usual kinds of blog-stuff. I hope you've enjoyed viewing this project as much as I have writing it.
p.s.: Yes, yes...I know, the door needs a coat of paint. Waiting for the filler to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment